A Collection of Images. The Tānewhirinaki Meeting-house was opened in 1886, at Waioeka pa in the 1920’s, however today it no longer stands. The carvings on display are those that were brought back from the Auckland Museum and the complete collection stands at Ngāti Ira Marae. The first meeting –house stood at Waioeka pa. It was named Tānewhirinaki after the eldest son of Muriwai, ancestress of Whakatōhea.
This collection contains 76 documents and was last built 508 days ago.